Tuesday, April 29, 2008

final probpsal

Halimat Salami

Photography 1.

Statement for Final exam

For my final exam, I photographed myself doing what I love to do, using shadows. For my final prints, I have pictures of myself painting, and I have some in my African attire. I wanted to use the shadows to show what I love to do. I love to paint, and I love my heritage. This final project was fun, because it was up close and personal. I got to literally reflect who I am. I was particular about using shadows because I can see myself looking at myself. The shadow represents what I see myself as, and what I want people to see me as. I did not show my face in any of the shots because the composition is not about my face. It is about my actions, and what I am doing. If I showed my face in them, it would take away from the composition. My face is shown in the shadow, even though I am backing the camera. I learned a lot about lighting with this project. It showed me that indoor lighting, with a plain light bulb is much different from having professional lighting. Some of the prints were grainy due to the light used to cast the shadows. If I were to do it again, I would try to get better lighting, so I can execute my shots to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thank you for your post. :)