Thursday, April 17, 2008

self portrait proposal

For my final project, I am going to be doing a self portrait. I do not want to take my face gull on, but I want to capture my reflection using a mirror. I have to use a tripod and try different angles, in order for the tripod and the camera not to show. My idea was inspired by the rest of my classes. I am trying to incorporate the idea of looking at my self in the mirror into 3 different assignments. For my drawing , painting, and photography class. The photography aspect of it will be the most helpful, because it will give me the visual that I need to be able to make the rest of my projects happen. I want to create several scenarios in which I am not directly looking at the camera, but at the same time, I am a part of the composition.

I want the composition to represent who I am, and what I love to do. First of all, I am Nigerian, so I want to capture my self in my traditional outfit. I love to dress up, and look pretty, so I am probably going to capture myself putting on make up, and beautifying my self. I also am an artist, so I will probably capture myself drawing, or painting, but my face is not necessarily the center of attention. I also might work with shadows, instead of reflections. I might have lights casted onto the ceiling, and capture my reflection. The tricky part is not having the camera and tripod show. When I get a good enough composition, I am going to relate it to my drawing and painting class.

No comments: